A Guide for Researchers
* The following does not apply to the studentship with Tenovus. You don’t need a form at this stage.
Outlines should contain the following information:
- Describe briefly the research group that would undertake the work, with particular focus on the research excellence within the group, and indicate who would be the lead applicant.
- Which neurological condition(s) are you targeting?
- What specific issue do you propose to address and what do you hope to achieve? [300 words max]. Note that we are not looking for details of the science. The proposal should be clear to a lay audience.
- What would be the potential benefit to patients in the long term?
- How much would you be asking for? (normally this would be for a specific research project where our contribution would be up to around £10,000, or a research fellowship where we would contribute £40,000 over three years and would be looking for evidence that matched funding could be found.
Outline proposals should be sent to email@example.com
If you would like to discuss potential applications please email Dave. We are particularly keen to fund applications from junior investigators who are supported by senior researchers, and pilot projects that could eventually lead to major funding. Our priority is towards research in the west of Scotland, but this is not essential. Collaborative projects are encouraged. Please note that we do not fund the salaries of staff of participating organisations.
Those selected for full applications should use the appropriate form:
- Project application form
- NSF Studentship application form 2017
Guidance on final reports
Final reports should be submitted as soon as possible after your specified end-date. All we need is a lay summary outlining:
- Has the work that was funded been completed as specified in the application or were there any modifications
- What difference will the study make for patients
- Have papers on this study been published or submitted?
- Follow-on activities: e.g. has additional funding been secured?
- Lessons learned or other outcomes that might be of interest.
** Please include at least one image that we can use for publicity and a headshot of yourself.
*** We would like you to provide short updates after the final report as your research develops.