How to Apply - The Neurosciences Foundation
A guide for researchers.
How to apply
Preliminary outlines can be submitted any time up till 30th Sept 2019. We are seeking outline proposals prior to selecting some for a full proposal.
Outlines should adhere the following format:
- Describe briefly the research group that would undertake the work, with particular focus on the research excellence within the group, and indicate who would be the lead applicant.
- Which neurological condition(s) are you targeting?
- What specific issue do you propose to address and what do you hope to achieve? [300 words max]. [Note that we are not looking for details of the science]
- What would be the potential benefit to patients in the long term?
- How much would you be asking for? (normally this would be for a specific research project where our contribution would be up to around £10,000, or a research fellowship where we would contribute £40,000 over three years and would be looking for evidence that matched funding could be found.
Outline proposals should be sent to email@example.com by 30thSeptember 2019.
If you would like to discuss potential applications please email Dave. We are particularly keen to fund applications from junior investigators who are supported by senior researchers, and pilot projects that could eventually lead to major funding.
Those selected for full applications should use the appropriate form.:
What is the purpose of The Neurosciences Foundation?.
The main role of The Neurosciences Foundation [NSF] is to assist in the provision of funds for research to help patients with brain tumours, stroke, head injury, Parkinson's Disease, depression, schizophrenia, MS, epilepsy or other diseases of the central nervous system.